Cebu is popularly known for its beautiful white sand beaches, great diving spots, enchanting islands, luscious food, rich historical sites, and elegant malls and shopping centers. Yet little is known for the scenic mountains and the wonders that they offer.
Just recently, numerous tourist spots in the highlands of Cebu were opened to the public for tourism purposes. The latest attraction that was opened is the “Terrazas de Flores” located in Malubog, Cebu City.
About Terrazas De Flores
Terrazas de Cebu is the newest attraction in the mountains of Cebu City. Its exact location is in Sitio Tigib, Malubog, Cebu City. It is a one-hectare botanical garden that resembles the rice terraces in Banaue, only that the things found here are different varieties of plants and not rice. There are more than a hundred species of flowers planted in the area making it exactly unique from others.
It was opened for the operation last October 1, 2016, after about nine years of development. The place is considered a paradise because of its beauty and the cold weather that only in the mountains can be felt.
Terrazas de Flores is open every day from 7:00 o’clock in the morning until 8:00 o’clock in the evening with an entrance fee of Php100.00.
What to see in Terrazas de Flores
Aside from the scenic view of the mountains, the cold weather, and a variety of beautiful flowers, here are other things that can be seen in Terrazas de Cebu:
- 127 Kinds of Flowers – Planted in the Rice Terraces-like Botanical garden are different varieties of flowering plants that count to about 127.
- Cabanas – Inside the botanical garden are Cabanas for rent. These are perfect for those who wanted to take a rest and relax while enjoying the cold weather.
- Coffee Shop – There is a coffee shop that offers a variety of food choices just in case a visitor got hungry from a stroll around the garden.
- Art Gallery-like Comfort Rooms – The Comfort Rooms in Terrazas de Cebu are like art galleries. They feature art paintings inside to give their visitors a truly comfortable visit.
Advantages of Terrazas de Flores
Just like any other tourist spots in Cebu, Terrazas de Flores brought many advantages since its construction and opening. Apart from the rise of tourism in Cebu, it paved a way for locals to have job opportunities. It also showcases Cebuano’s artistic talents.
Other Sites Near Terrazas de Flores
When planning to visit Terrazas de Flores, pay a visit as well to the other tourist attractions and restaurants near it. Here is a list:
- Sirao Flower Farm
- La Tegola Restaurant
- Tops Skyline Garden
- Mountain View Mountain Resort
- Temple of Leah
- Lantaw Restaurant